Thursday, May 3, 2012

Supppp 43

So, this chapter is a day late, and I feel bad, but considering how my schedule has been lately I guess it's okay??

Also as I mentioned in my AN I have a crapton of stuff to do this week and the next, so updates might be slow again. Sorry! I still love you all. D:

@Hazelnose: It's weird how many people mentioned liking Fogheart's name in this chapter, especially since most of them have never said anything about it before? It's funny because he was barely in this chapter at all, ha. But I'm glad you like his name. It's one of my favorite -heart names that I've come up with thus far, I must admit. Yes, Sooty has a tendency to act all calm and try to be composed, but it tends to explode out of her at inconvenient times, especially when Chilly is around. Dude's like a magnet for emotions or something (opposites attract??). Glad you liked the chapter, and thank you. :D

@Sunspirit: Maybe we'll get confrontations next chapter? And hopefully Bluepaw can explain herself. As for Whitecloud, her fate is ambiguous for the moment. After all, it's not set in stone that the one lives/one dies theory is entirely correct. Jaypaw's pretty sick at the moment, so if he was to die then the balance would already be shifted. Or, Whitecloud could live for a short period of time only to die later. The dreams aren't all that clear, really. And no more hints for Rabbitleap! I've sprinkled a few throughout the last few Soot chapters already. c:

@Tangleflame: Yup, the lil Thundertracks is indeed a bike trail. I've always wanted to bike around places, but unfortunately I'm too lazy/long legs make rides fairly uncomfortable, since I've outgrown my own bike. Ah well, one can dream. :p

@Jiay: Glad you like it. Yeah, I know the plot is kind of glacial (fitting, considering the title?). I tend to get stuck laying down the paths for future events/character development. When things really start taking off near the end, it'll be over so quickly no one will know what's going on, just like Shattered, I'm afraid. |D I'm not really sure what you meant about Sootpaw; when she's dreaming, her own personal thoughts are never in italics, and she is part of the dream because they take place within her own mind...? If you're talking about the journeying dreams, it's true that she can't really influence them, but she's still connected to them. They take place within her dreams, so they're kind of a part of her? It's murky territory. As for Rook, I knew his accent wasn't going so well in this chapter, but he didn't have many lines and there weren't many words I could Rookify without mangling everything, unfortunately. Maybe he'll have more screentime next chapter. |D

@Shadowmist: Chilled has so many shipping possibilities, and I do love ship-teasing (maybe I'll write a Spider/Reed oneshot just to make everyone cry??). A poem would be really neat, if you have time! I'd love to read it. I always find it kind of intimidating that people actually want to write about my characters. It's sort of freaky, but also kind of flattering? Thanks for the lil Spider/Black peek. Of course Black would be the calm one, and Spider's so easily embarrassed. |D

@Ranger of the Forest: Thank you! Interesting theory about Rabbitleap. Rabbit/Hawk kits would be pretty amazing, but they would also probably be a lot of trouble. The last thing you want on a journey is an uber-pregnant she-cat running around. ^^

@Nalasleafheart: Aww, thank you! I'm glad you like the story thus far. Please don't stay up so late, though, I wouldn't want your grades to suffer because of me. I do plan on becoming an author someday, but I think I need a lot more practice before I get there. :p

@WilliamBurn: Thank you!

@Willowstream: Ha, it's okay. You could always subscribe or something (I forget how it works) to let the site send you an e-mail when I update? And thanks. I'm fond of Nightingale's name too; there's something about it that I've always liked, and when she popped into my head the name was absolutely perfect for her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment